Edit AVCHD using Proxy Editing
1. Download from the internet two free programs:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE MANY OTHER PROGRAMS AVAILABLE WHICH WILL DO THE SAME JOB - THESE JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE TWO WE USE.
Free HD Converter http://download.cnet.com/Free-HD-Converter/3000-2194 4-10916061.html INSTALLTION NOTES
To save your browser being directed to a different search pattern I suggest you exercise the following opt out's
In the CNET Secure downloader, in step 2, I suggest you deselect "Install Incredimail"
The Free HD Converter installation menu offers two choices.
I suggest you select "CUSTOM INSTALLATION"
Then deselect both the boxes (Set and keep searchqu..... and " Include searchqu toolbar.......
If you forget to do this,(I did the first time) I achieved the same result via the Windows Control Panel using the Uninstall facility.
Bulk Rename Utility http://download.cnet.com/Bulk-Rename-Utility/3000-2248 4-11434534.html INSTALLATION NOTES
You can also download this from cnet.com, in which case the same comment applies as above, namely:
In the CNET Secure downloader, in step 2, I suggest you deselect "Install Incredimail
2. For your project, create two folders on your hard drive called:
"My Project original" "My Project proxy"
3. Download and save footage from your AVCHD camera into the "My Project original" folder
Convert to Proxy quality
4. Open Free HD Converter program
5. Set up the software To start with we suggest that you use the following conversion criteria, then adjust it
until it works for your system. The biggest impact is changing the size:
|Video Bit rate||1000|
|Audio Bit rate||160|
|Save||My Project Proxy|